Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:41:21 -0500
Chuck,

Really, you use the peak voltage (open circuit voltage), and the peak current
(current under load at peak power) with the formula below;

Ra = Va / (1.8 x Ia)

Ra = Plate impedance in ohms
Va = Plate voltage
Ia =  Plate current

To me there is some debate about using the 1.8 factor as another ham did some
experimenting and said he found that using 1.87 actually came closer to the
result you want. Below is a link to a GU-43B tetrode amp with all the
calculations that you use. You will see that using 1.87 in fact does work
correctly with a class AB amplifier.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/Frinear1500/FRI1500eng.htm

Best,

Will