Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values

To: "'Partain, Chuck'" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:20:27 -0600

> So, when I power up my amp, I see 3910vdc on my plate. The way I have it
> configured, I put 330vdc on the screen grid
> and -130volts on the control grid., when I bring the control grid to -69v,
> the tube pulls current. The voltage on the plate is
> dropping to ~3600 to 3700. Is this the value I would use to figure the
> impedance of the tube for tank calculations?

No, the voltage and current of the amp when it is running at what you plan
to operate it at are the values that you plug into the formula. Say that the
voltage drops to 3500 volts at an operating anode current of 1 amp; your
tank should be configured for that, not the resting anode I.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC