Re: [Amps] AL80A

To: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL80A
From: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:57:14 -0800
It is useful to have a 240v current-limiter to insert between the amp
and the mains to facilitate troubleshooting HV PS problems such as
this.  Such a limiter requires a 240v plug, a 240v socket, a 10 by 12
or so inch square of 3/4" plywood, two Edison medium screw-base lamp
sockets, #16 wire, and two 300W 120v incandescent lamps.
One lamp goes in series with each half of the 240v source.  Under
standby condition, with the tubes removed, the lamps should not glow or
glow barely.  If a short is present somewhere is the PS, or if the
interlock is not disconnected. both lamps will glow brightly.