Re: [Amps] The ongoing 4CX250B verbage!

To: <exray@bellsouth.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The ongoing 4CX250B verbage!
From: "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 05:52:29 -0400
Although you couldn't tell the difference between a 4CX250 and an 8877,
anyone operating near you in frequency could. The triodes are MUCH cleaner
in terms of IMD than the tetrode. The 3rd order IMD performance of the
4CX250 is not much better than -20dB where the 8877 is about -38dB.

This is coming from someone who has run and still owns a pair of 8930s for
432, a single 8930 for 220 and a pair on 2M. I'm not planning on putting the
2 and 432 amps on the air again if you're interested. I've already got an
8877 for 2 and I'm building a GS35B for 432.

73, Jerry K0TV