Re: [Amps] Need some help on a project

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need some help on a project
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:47:37 -0400
David,

Believe it or not, I had way more help from here. I tried several places like
leapsecond.com, etc and never heard back. I found the accuracy of these to be
as good as or better than a cesium standard, especially over the long term
since they're calibrated constantly. If the satallites gets off one hair the
Naval observatory corrects it with the 60 cesium clocks, maser clocks, etc that
they have running. The labeled accuracy of the Motorola GPS standard I bought
was 5 ppb or;

5 ppb = 5/1,000,000,000 = 0.000000005 = 0.0000005% accuracy

Thanks to all who replied, it was a big help.

Best,

Will