Re: [Amps] tank coil heating

To: "Angelo Karabetsos" <ve3yn@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tank coil heating
From: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:17:31 -0400
Good Info on all the responses I'm figuring out more as I go along. I DO have a
chimney
made up that comes off. things have changed some. I'll retake more up to date
pics
and post them there. I'm only using one cap now and its tied in differently,
but as
I read, its the wrong type so thats going to change. Yea, I looked at how to
switch it
in with only using one band switch section but gave up and tried this, not good
for 20m
but works well on the lower freqs. Yup, first time and hopefully the NEXT one
will be
much better! I changed to the copper strap on the plate choke to anode when I
got into the
machine shop and found copper :)

chuck

ps. thanks for all the input, this is why I ask these things here!