Re: [Amps] adding second tube to AL1200

To: n9iww@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] adding second tube to AL1200
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:41:29 -0700
Kevin -- The stock tank inductances >40m in the Al-1200 are not
adequate for one 3cx1200A7, much less two.
Doubling the diameter of all  tank L conductors, and halving their uH
would be a good place to start.  Also, with 2x the circulating
current in the tank, the dissipation in  the bandswitch contacts
increases 4x, so a bandswitch cooling fan might be a good idea.
    I did not reply only via Verizon because this item might be of
interest to amplifier builders.
cheerz

On May 17, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Kevin Adam wrote:

> Wanted information on adding a second tube to AL 1200 has anyone
> done this if so can you give the details as to what all is envoled
> what parts you had to change if any please help
> Reply to N9iww At Verizon dot net
>

> N9IWW
> Kevin Adam
> 1239 West Till Road