Re: [Amps] Wattmeters

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Wattmeters
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:45:40 -0400
> "Another is the RadioCraft 3000 Pro which has two 3-1/2" meters pretty
> easily read. One meter for SWR and the other for power. This one has peak
> reading / average circuits up to 3 kW, and also has everything automatic.
> No more turning a switch to set the power level..."

I own a lot of wattmeters and notwithstanding the Bird 43, the RadioCraft
3000Pro would be a good choice for an analog wattmeter.  I've been using one
here along side the Bird 43, PowerMaster and Alpha 4510.

On the digital side of things, you may want to consider the ArraySolutions
PowerMaster and especially the new LP-100 by Larry Phipps.  The LP-100
design was featured in a recent issue of QEX.  The price is currently around
$320 in kit form -- about another $100 extra for an assembled unit.

http://www.telepostinc.com/

Larry has put a tremendous amount of work into the directional coupler
design to obtain 40-50 dB of directivity across the HF spectrum.

Paul, W9AC