Re: [Amps] Quad Tube 4cx800 hf amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Quad Tube 4cx800 hf amp
From: PA3DUV <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 20:15:10 +0200
Another way to reduce power is to work the operate/standby switch of the
amp.
In 99% the approx 60 watt from my exciter are sufficient to establish or
maintain communications.
However, when needed a flick of the switch  kicks in additional 20 dB
amplification which has so far proven to be sufficient to convey the message
that the frequency was occupied.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV