[Amps] LK-500 problem

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] LK-500 problem
From: Jeff Strailey <liveccam@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 20:20:51 -0700 (PDT)
I recently obtained an Amp Supply LK-500ZB.  The first order of business was
the conversion to 120 volt operation.  When the amp is powered plate voltage as
measured by the internal meter is about 1500 volts instead of the 3100-3300 vdc
one would expect.  I've attempted no troubleshooting whatsoever as of yet but
wonder what could be going on?  One or more electrolytics or diodes bad in the
power supply?  Obviously I will need to examine the power supply but am just
wondering if anyone has seen something like this before in this or a similiar
product?