[Amps] roller inductor grease

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] roller inductor grease
From: "Robert Tadlock" <btadlock@kingmanaz.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:22:18 -0700
I noticed my Palstar  AT1KM roller inductor started screeching and
making a grinding sound soon after I bought it .  I tried all kinds of
lubes and nothing seemed to help .  I'm going to try the graphite paste
like was suggested and see if that does the trick  .  I just lubed the
actual wheel to shaft point and didn't put anything on the face of the
little wheel   ,  I didn't think you were supposed to lube the wire
winding on the inductor form where the wheel rides on it .  Maybe that's
my problem  . Please clarify that .  Makes a really nice tuner
unpleasant to use with all that rough noise .     Bob