Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

To: w7ry@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:54:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/2006 1:49:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w7ry@centurytel.net writes:

The main  issue with SB-220 band switches is because of the front panel
layout, the  band switch gets turned instead of the loading control when
in tune-up  mode.

YES THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM, BUT THAT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 10  METER AND
15 METER CONTACTS BEING BLOWN AWAY.

The  very late SB-220s and HL-2200s had longer tune caps. Or Heathkit
made them  available on a replacement basis. I have seen several SB-220s
with  them.

OF THE DOZENS I HAVE SEEN INCLUDING HL-2200'S THIS WAS NOT THE CASE  ALTHOUGH
I NEVER TOOK MEASUREMENTS MY FEELING IS THEY WERE ALL THE SAME.

73  LOU