Re: [Amps] Fraudulent Amp seller

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fraudulent Amp seller
From: "Keith LaBorde - K4KAL" <k4kal@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:16:31 -0400
I recently had a Icom 756 PROII for Auction on EBay.
About 24 hours from it ending, I got emails from current and past bidders
that someone was trying to sell them a PROII at a much lesser price then
what they bid.
I contact EBay, and they told me that this type of activity was on the
increase lately, and they were taking steps to stop this.
They suggested I end the auction, start it again with the feature of hiding
the bidders email address's.
I did end it, but sold it on QTH.com and sent a contribution to that
website.

I figured if I relisted my auction, it would look questionable to bidders
and I would not get a good price for my PROII.
This will be the last time I use EBay.com

Keith, K4KAL