Re: [Amps] teeny copper strap

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] teeny copper strap
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:16:25 -0500
Concerning,

" ...is there any non-radio source of appropriate stuff for grounding my
SB-220 grids?...(etc.)"

Sorry, but I have to bring this up. It seems to me what's good for the
goose is good for the gander. If low Q parasitic suppressors are
advantageous for their purpose, then grid straps would be also. Wide
straps with low inductance but not with high Q should tame the grid
resonances at least slightly. Comes to mind, wide sized "solder wick"
fully saturated with solder to form a non-stranded, solder-coated handy
strap. Easy to obtain as well. It loves to be soldered. And then there
are tin cans to be snipped into strips??

73,    Roy     K6XK