Re: [Amps] fiberglas tape

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] fiberglas tape
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:36:39 -0400
I think what some may be refering to is that thin box wrapping tape that has
the strands (filaments) in it, say about 3/4" wide. Most magnetics
manufacturers use Kapton tape which Mouser and others stock. It has an
orange-clear color to it, and I think 3M makes it. Not all cores need to be
taped though. Most ferrite cores for RF circuits just use magnet wire or wire
with teflon insulation, nothing more. The only reason to use it would be if the
core is electrically conductive.

Best,

Will