Re: [Amps] glass tape Âscotch 27

To: craxd1@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] glass tape Âscotch 27
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:37:17 +0200 (CEST)
Will asked:
> Again, what's the use in using a tape that I would think could be replaced
> with something much cheaper for us poor folks<
If you're building a one off (as so many hams do), you probably don't worry too
much about scraping around for a roll of tape if finding something cheaper will
take too long and may not do the job. It may even be the case that there's some
'surplus' at work! In business, it's another matter, and at a company where we
used dust iron toroids in tank circuits at 100 watts with 6146Bs, we wrapped
the cores in PTFE (sorry - Teflon) plumber's tape, which is about 0.004 inch
thick, but cheap. I suspect Teflon tape would do instead of the Scotch
fibreglass stuff, assuming you can get it.
73
Peter G3RZP