Re: [Amps] Serious transformer problem

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Serious transformer problem
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:38:52 -0400
In the light of the thread that seems to be developing here, I have a
question.

I have a terrible noise problem at my QTH, Clearwater, FL.  The noise runs
S6-S9 almost all of the time.  A quiet day on 20M is S3-S4.  A normal day on
40M is S8-S9.  I have done things like unplugging computers, printers, TV
sets, other electrical appliances, etc. and nothing seems to change.

What are some suggestions about things to do to locate and reduce my noise
level? Or is there anything I can do about it?

David
KC2JD