Re: [Amps] 4CX10 000J / Racal MA1723

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX10 000J / Racal MA1723
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:18:56 +0100
Peter,

Do you know how clean the synthesiser is in the
MA1723?  I have often wondered, as its quite an
old design, but never had the equipment to measure it.

The old Racal TX I use from time to time on-air
features an MA1723 as the exciter, followed by a
Class A solid state stage (drawing about 10 Amp
at 28 Volt with a pair of BLW96 to give 10 - 20
Watts for the valve [passive] grid!), followed by
a single 4CX1500B.  The valve section, has two
motor driven roller coasters (for L1 and L2 in
the Pi-L) and enough solenoids and relays to keep
this OM amused.  The TX has full auto tune (about
5 seconds tune time for any freq. between 1.6 -
30 MHz) and is truly a thing of beauty.

If anyone has an unwanted spectrum analyser,
please send it to me.  I'll wait in all day for
delivery and post any useful measurements I make back here pro bono!

Regards.

Mark.

At 17:27 02/07/2006, Peter Voelpel wrote:
>Why not,
>if you don´t bother the power bill you can easily achieve a super clean
>legal limit signal which will be much better then any ham linear.
>Of course it needs to be be driven by a transmitter with best purity,
>perhaps the PT-8000C could be nice or a Racal MA1723 with a 4CX350J or
>YL1050 in class A as the driver ;-)
>
>73
>Peter, DF3KV

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk
Current web pages at: www.g4fph.net
Old web pages at: www.qsl.net/g4fph
Dipoles resonant on 1942 / 3720 / 7085 kHz
Three element wire beam coming soon on 14180 kHz!
Remember - SIDE for HV safety:
S witch off
I solate
D ump