Re: [Amps] Mica cap substitute \ alternative

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mica cap substitute \ alternative
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:13:05 -0400
 So we are  told that some manufacturers derate some mica
caps above 5MHz. Others have caps that in slightly different
applications have ratings that are high. Some mica caps can
handle high currents in the VHF range. Dissipation factor
wouldn't, prima facie. seem to be the critical parameter
between all these products.
> I can't say that I'm any the wiser - possibly a little
> better informed.
> 73
> Peter G3RZP

Here's something I noticed about technical questions or
topics.  If someone gives a simple authoritative answer that
everyone can just accept on the surface without having to
understand the actual problem, it gets accepted. That seems
to be true even when the answer is so grossly oversimplified
it winds up being wrong in the big picture.

I think it is rooted in wanted an answer without learning
how something really works.

73 Tom