Re: [Amps] Mica cap substitute \ alternative

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mica cap substitute \ alternative
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:12:58 -0700
Peter said:

"So we are  told that some manufacturers derate some mica caps above 5MHz.
Others have caps that in slightly different applications have ratings that
are high. Some mica caps can handle high currents in the VHF range.
Dissipation factor wouldn't, prima facie. seem to be the critical parameter
between all these products.
I can't say that I'm any the wiser - possibly a little better informed."

It seems like asking about the characteristics of a mica capacitor is like
asking about the characteristics of a woman.  Although one hopes for one, a
simplified answer would be misleading and definitely not helpful.

73,  Colin  K7FM