Re: [Amps] RF Chokes

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>, <ka1xo@juno.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Chokes
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:00:06 -0500
The proof of the pudding is that the choke designed by W8JI (Ameritron/RF
Parts is the only solenoid-wound choke that is good for 9 bands that I have
ever encountered. The only explanation I can come up with is that the gaps
between the windings are the reason for success.

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC

Real QRO folks use the W8JI design, the Harris design, (ferrite loaded) or
two switched chokes in order to cover 9 bands.