Re: [Amps] Recommended 3-500's

To: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Recommended 3-500's
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
The "blue" tube has lost vacuum.

I'd replace both of them with matched RFP 3-500ZGs.  I use them in my 3K-A
(quite similar to the Classic-X), and a buddy of mine with a Classic-X used
them as well.  The fit just fine, and you'll get lots of power out of them in
that amp (over 2kW with enough drive).  Hard to beat 2kW+ out for $300 (unless
you go Russian, maybe).

Joe, N3JI