Re: [Amps] (Off Topic) German HF/VHF rig

To: Harold Mandel <ka1xo@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] (Off Topic) German HF/VHF rig
From: Frank Goenninger <frgo@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:46:46 +0200
Am 22.07.2006 um 15:06 schrieb Harold Mandel:

> 1. The Blue powder coating and rubber bat-wing handles
>      will certainly appeal to the fashionable crowd.

That's how you sell things.

> 2. The rig gets a PS-2 keyboard plugged into the apron.

? And ?

> 3. It has a CAT jack, too.

So ?

> 4. The inside construction looks a little like cellular BTS
>     with all those SMA90's.

It's commercial grade service-optimized modular design. A beauty.

> 5. The sub receiver tuning knob is maybe a 1" wide deal.

Big enough to dial with and also really tells you "This is the sub
(only)".

> 6. Back to N-connectors, everyone.

The customer chooses. N is the standard option only.

> 7. German radio with English panel labels?

You guys able to operate the rig in German ? Oh, btw, the front panel
is just a front panel: You can get a German one.

> 8. The specs on the "B (600W)" version list P/S
>      requirements for ......100V.  Is there an outboard
>      supply? I didn't see one.

It's a module - depending on the actual PA you choose the suitable PS
will be also plugged-in. All inside the transceiver.

> 9. Holes in the front panel, left-side??????

Minimum loudspeaker. "Professional" gear is normally operated with a
special loudspeaker or headphones.

> 10. $11,000.00?????

Cheaper than some other TRX with a TV built in.

> 11. The "tischmikrofon (sic)" has those two ears. (?)

Hehe - design only.

> 12. It will match those DANAMPS in color.

??? They're not connected to DANAMPS AFAIK.

> 13. What to do with those handles?

Carry around?

> Hal
> W4HBM

;-) Coulnd't resist. This sounded way too jealously for me.

73 Frank DG1SBG