Re: [Amps] "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work
From: Chris Howard <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:59:05 -0600
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 04:33, Tom W8JI wrote:

> > I myself have a bit of a hard time with the universal
> > negative: "that will never work" type of argument.
> > But I appreciate that folks on both sides have a lot
> > more experience that I do.
>
> No one I saw ever said "it won't ever work" in the sense
> that the user would notice a problem.
>
> What most people said is it is a very bad idea, certainly
> not the best way to protect things, and may actually be
> harmful.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I mean't "it won't ever work"
as in: it won't provide anything thing useful toward it's
intended purpose.

There's a lot of space between "very bad idea" and
"not the best way to protect things".

I'm looking forward to that reading list of peer reviewed
engineering textbooks.. maybe I can keep an eye out for
them at some of the used bookstores around here.

Chris