Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 43, Issue 138

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 43, Issue 138
From: Borislav Trifonov <bdt@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:38:38 -0700
The stators are around each membrand and their DC bias is at zero volts,
so they effectively shield the head from any potential (plus, the
membranes are both at the same voltage, so there's no differential
around the head).
Electrostatic headphones have been around since at least the 50s and
they continue to be sold commercially, and I've yet to read about there
ever being a health issue.