[Amps] plexiglas isolation in coils

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] plexiglas isolation in coils
From: "Dick" <knaap159@zonnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:08:00 +0200
Hi,

I want to run a high power bandpass filter behind an HF-amplifier.
The filter should work with powers upto 1kW, which means that high voltages can
be present in the circuit.

It's the W3NQN design, but instead of toroids I'm using air wound coils ,
unfortunatly I have only 2.5mm thick wire.

To add stability to the coils I'm planning to use a little plexiglas plate
(5-6mm) with hole's in it
through which the coil wire is wound.

I wonder if this is possible, because there might be high voltage across the
coil (several kV's),
in case of a mismatch. What about the plexiglas? Can it witstand this?

73

Dick, pa4vhf