Re: [Amps] plexiglas isolation in coils

To: <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] plexiglas isolation in coils
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:15:02 -0400
Are you sure the early production - the one I had - used
#10?>

Absolutely. From number 001.

Perhaps
it was changed to #10 in later production based on (bad)
experience?>

Not a chance. Never was number 12.

The only coil mod ever made was moving the 40 meter tap off
the 160-80 coil and on to a #8 guage winding. So the size of
the 40M coil went from #10 to #8. Probably happened around
S/N 100 because of feedback from a KW output BBS user. So I
did change components based on customer feedback. The blower
downsize was a result of customer complaints.

73 Tom