Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:54:26 -0500
Will,

It's a 3 phase. I guess the HV tran would work on single phase ok using the
two outer winding in parallel but would lose 30% or 40% of its power
capability. Probably at that it would still handle 2500 watts input for
quite a long time. Lots of times the other transformers ( include filament
)in units like these have multiple taps for 207, 220 with + or - 10 taps on
0 terminal. I've had several of the 2000 & 2500 watt Henry plasma units
running the 3cx3000 and one using a 3cx1200. Most noticeable about these
units is that parts were swapped out with the other units and the
potentially bad part hung back in place, sometimes barely connected.

Regards,
Larry N5BIP