Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D

To: "'Bill Fuqua'" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plasma Thermo HFS 3000D
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:41:32 -0500
Bill,
Does the 5000 use separate bridge rectifiers for each transformer? I built a
PS using two of the transformers from the Henry 2000 units and used separate
bridge rectifiers for each transformer. The DC from each bridge was combined
and connected to the filter capacitor. I didn't use the filter chokes. DC is
about 5000 volts. I believe the transformers weigh in at about 95 lbs each.
Takes a good set of casters to hold the PS up.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP