Re: [Amps] G2DAF four 4CX250Bs G2DAF amplifier

To: Hsu <Jbenson@sohu.co>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] G2DAF four 4CX250Bs G2DAF amplifier
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:50:05 +0200 (CEST)
Hsu said:
>the next Plan is four FU-251F(Same as 4CX250B) G2DAF amplifier,I would like to
>hear any good suggestion about it.<
DON'T DON'T DON'T!!!!!
The G2DAF is not very good for linearity, despite the claims. Neither is the
4CX250B, without negative feedback, and a well regulated screen grid supply,
capable of absorbing negative screen current.  In a G2DAF circuit, you could
get all sorts of problems from the negative screen current, especially as
there's no low dc resistance path back to cathode.
I think Rich will agree - I don't remember him being a great advocate of the
G2DAF except perhaps, for filling dumpsters with them!
73
Peter G3RZP