Re: [Amps] Heathkit HA10 linear

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heathkit HA10 linear
From: zl1aih@ihug.co.nz
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 20:12:11 +1200
Hi Tom,
Unless the HA-10 has been modified to use four 572-Bs and the 3000
volt transformer is located outside the cabinet, and the 3B28s have
been replaced with appropriate HV diode strings, and the tank circuit
components have been beefed up, and at least two large muffin fans
have been placed over the 572Bs and tank circuit, then the previous
owner's memory may have become unreliable.
A Heathkit exciter and a Drake 2B receiver combination tells you that
the previous owner's experience of cruising at 2000 watts was not too
recent.
Or accurate.
73,
Ken ZL1AIH

>Hello All
Is there anyone out there that is using a Heathkit HA
10 linear with a
solid state transceiver?  I have one that has been
upgraded to a 3000
volt transformer and uses 2B28 rectifier tubes.It will
cruise at 2000
plus watts according to the previous owner although
he used it with a
Heathkit exciter and a Drake 2B receiver and I want
to use it with a
Yeasu 990. Help someone please! Tom    N4RGZ
Clanton Alabama>