Re: [Amps] Heathkit HA10 linear

To: "tom and jeanne Bates" <tcbates@starband.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heathkit HA10 linear
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 04:17:47 -0500
Good Morning Tom"

I am running a HA-10 and driving it with a FT-1000MP.  I run 2KV on the
plates.  Output varies from band to band, but on average it runs in the 700
watt range.  I do nothing special in terms of interfacing the amp to the
exciter.  The tuner in the FT-1000MP seems to do a good job of matching the
input.  I have considered retrofitting it with Gi-7b's, but that's as far as
I got with the project.  I have a hard time believing that  four 811A's will
run that kind of output(or input ) without going into full meltdown given
that the total plate dissipation for four tubes would be 260 watts.
Something doesn't sound right here.

73.
Mike, W5UC
http://members.cox.net/w5uc