Re: [Amps] RE : Anodizing aluminum, painting etc.

To: on4kj@skynet.be, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : Anodizing aluminum, painting etc.
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:13:02 -0400
Jos,

I should have used it myself in mentioning the use of a copper spreader where
it has
less thermal resistance than aluminum. Thermal resistance comes into play in
the
design of a heatsink also. Wikipedia has some really good info on thermodynamics
with links from one item to the next on each page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_conduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_radiation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_conductivity