Re: [Amps] Titan 425 Reflected Power

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan 425 Reflected Power
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:47:00 -0400
The 425 is a very easy amp to drive....30-35 watts for 1500 out
normally.  One way to insure long tube life is to make certain that the
grid overdrive LED on the 425 just flickers once in a while on either
ssb or cw.  It is a very conservative measure and thus if you keep  that
LED dark you will not overdrive the amp.  Tune for maximum po, keeping
Ip such that you aren't going over 1500W out  and operate.

I have multiple power meters here and in a few cases three of them on
the same line (digital for power out and swr protection, analog to help
tune the tuner and one in the amp).  They never ever agree but that does
not bother me....its all relative anyway.  73  bob de w9ge