Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from Ebay
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:29:50 +0100
> Since there is NO RETURN, he ate the tubes.  Russian Beryllium Oxide is
> tastier than USA stuff, it was probably the added Cherry Flavoring.

Just a minor point - I think there's no BeO in these (or most other
external anode) tubes. The ceramic is Alumina - razor sharp if broken,
but otherwise harmless.

One exception which you might come across - the output device in the
Clansman 353 tank radio is based on a 4CX250 modified for conduction
cooling and the material between the anode and the integral heatsink
ring is BeO.

Steve