[Amps] Filament Voltage Parameters on Russian Triodes.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Filament Voltage Parameters on Russian Triodes.
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:52:47 +1000
Interesting reading the Filament data on the Russian
triodes,GS-35B-GS-31B and the GI-7B.

GS-35B Nominal Parameters 12.6 volts..
Electrical Parameters 11.9 to 13.3 volts..

GS-31B Nominal Parameters 12.6 volts.
Electrical Parameters 12 to 13.2 volts..

GI-7B Nominal Parameters 12.6 volts..
Electrical Parameters 12 to 13.2 volts.

I am currently running a GS-35B on 160 meters.My maximum mains voltage
is 263volts dropping as low as 230 volts during heavy service
periods.There are 3 other homes connected to the same pole trannie and
being up to 1/2 mile apart  the service is turned up to maximum allowed
voltage to compensate for heavy loads,eg,hot water,air conditioning etc.
I have noted the swing in my filament voltage during the day and have
set the voltage to 12.8 volts to stay within these parameters.To date
the tube seems to be functioning normally and I have chosen to ignore
the problem.The HT suffers even worse of course.I haven't the means to
put a regulating transformer on the shack line.
I am just putting together a pair of GI-7B tubes and guess I will suffer
the same voltage fluctuation problems.
I wonder what the long term effect this will have on these tubes??
73....Bob VK3ZL..