Re: [Amps] Filament Voltage Parameters on Russian Triodes.

To: "robert briggs" <vk3zl@bigpond.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament Voltage Parameters on Russian Triodes.
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:50:21 -0400
 > I wonder what the long term effect this will have on
these tubes??
> 73....Bob VK3ZL..

Bob,

Commercial stations that never cycle the tube filaments and
run them conservatively 24 hours a day have to worry about
maximizing life.
They might have 24*7*52 = 8736 hours a year on the tube.
They might cycle the filament a few dozen times, and they
never come near rated seal temperatures or dissipation.

For amateur use, you might get 3*6*50 or 900 hours a year.
In that time you might cycle the filament  300 or more
times, and the tubes are typically used much harder than
commercial applications. For Ham service most tubes fail for
reasons totally unrelated to filament issues as long as you
are inside the factory ratings.

I wouldn't get too worried about is as long as it doesn't go
over maximum or under minimum.

73 Tom