Re: [Amps] New FCC Amplifier Rule

To: "'Vic K2VCO'" <vic@rakefet.com>,"'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New FCC Amplifier Rule
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:14:23 -0400
Is this what the Politically Correct name for bootleggers
has become? "Freebanders?"

Forgetaboutit! They are criminals breaking Federal and International Laws.

I had to study my butt off to pass four different FCC exams when people
still
had to physically appear before an examiner and I have no sympathy or
use for people who might serve to take my Amateur privileges away.

It's bad enough to contend with modifying amplifiers to tune up on
10 meters, and having commercial amp manufacturers take away features
from their products just to make life difficult for the bootleggers.

Why in the Hell was 11 meters ever taken? Why could the FCC
have given some bandwidth at 45Megs to the Unlicensed?

Hal
W4HBM

[snip]
As another unintended consequence, the freebanders might just move up
above 28 MHz. into the CW band!  When will they learn?
[snip]