Re: [Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:30:42 -0400
Lou,

I'm not really sure. I've watched some on ebay go for pretty big bucks though.
They sometimes
add another tube in the SB-220 and use an outboard power supply. Evidently,
they cut out the
divider between the tube compartment and the power supply compartment to fit
the extra tube in.
That's the only way I can fugure they could do it. The price though, I've seen
some pay $850+
on ebay and knew they wasn't a ham by their questions that was posted on the
auction page.

Best,

Will