Re: [Amps] PEP power..

To: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@comcast.net>,'Tom W8JI' <w8ji@w8ji.com>,'Ian White GM3SEK' <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] PEP power..
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:27:49 +0200 (CEST)
I think one of the problems appears because 'average' implies a degree of
integration over time divided by time. Then the length of time becomes an
impotant but undefined parameter. Personally, I'm always dubious about exactly
what is meant by 'average' - which sometimes means the same thing as 'mean',
and sometimes doesn't.
I believe GM3SEK has a story of his days as a school governor when his fellows
governors didn't udnerstand this - but I'll leave it to him to tell the story.
It is applicable to amps and the understanding of terms and definitons, though.
It may seem like straying off topic, but in fact, I believe that an
understanding of the terms and  definitions applying to the rules and
regulations applicable INTERNATIONALLY (capitalised because the Amps reflector
is NOT just a US  activity) is very germane to amplifier discussions.
73
Peter G3RZP