Re: [Amps] Testing amp with no air flow

To: "'Rick Stealey'" <rstealey@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Testing amp with no air flow
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:07:35 -0500
About 30 seconds  Then PHZIT...

Seriously, there's no spec for that because you aren't supposed to do it.

Reason, you have a 150 watt light bulb in 1/16th the amount of space of a
150 watt light bulb. It takes about 10 seconds to make a 150W light unfit to
touch.  Your seals will become questionable within a couple minutes, I'd
figure.

Get out your wife's hair dryer and run it on FAST COOL, park it right near
the base and blow directly at the base and slightly through the anode.  If
you put it right up to the anode and blew down it would work also, the spec
is cooling flow either direction...  An Alpha 77 boot would be perfect.

Make your adjustments within 2 minutes and shut down, let cool and continue.

While not perfect it should work.

Want to operate your amp at full power with all the covers off?  Then I'll
borrow you my rubber bondage suit, take your gas powered life blower into
the shack and fire that baby up, super glue the discharge end to the tube
base and let her fly...  That would end the Wife Problems, like right now.

Make sure to get photos..

BOB DD