[Amps] What NOT to buy?

To: "Amps" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] What NOT to buy?
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:40:21 -0500
I joined this reflector because I am considering picking up a project Amplifier
in the near future.  The idea is to teach myself amplifiers.  I have only owned
one amp in the past, a SB-220 which worked well and I never had the covers off.
 What I am looking for is advice on which amps NOT TO BUY.  I know enough not
to consider anything with Sweep Tubes or any of the CB amps without tuned
output circuitry but beyond that I am clueless.  Not having a vast knowledge of
problems to avoid, I am afraid someone will pawn off an unfixable amp on me.
So considering all that, which amp do I run from?

Thanks,

Clint - W5CPT