Re: [Amps] Mega Amplifier?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mega Amplifier?
From: "David G4FTC" <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 06:01:53 +0000

>From: "Kinney John-r17512" <J.Kinney@freescale.com>
>To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Subject: [Amps] Mega Amplifier?
>Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:55:52 -0700
>
>Now this is what I would call an "RF DECK" .
>
>This is the number 160047650891 on, you know where.

I'm wondering if this is a wideband amp (instanteous wideband as opposed to
wide tuning range) with the tubes connected to what is effectively a delay
line. The photo of the anode compartment seems to show the inductors
connected in a daisy chain fashon from anode to anode. The grids would be
coupled in a similar manner.

I know Marconi (the company) made such a wideband amp with a number of
4CX250B's but the power was only rated a 1kW out.

David G4FTC