Re: [Amps] History of AMPS

To: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] History of AMPS
From: jsb@digistar.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:37:59 -0500 (EST)
I hadn't read this list since mid-April and this morning I opened it up to
find about 5,000 unread messages.  The tone of the list changed suddenly
when mysterious Administrator/Moderator messages started popping up here
which, in my opinion, squashed the lively debate that Ham radio is made
better becase of it.

This mailing list used to be fun to read - I then found out that Rich was
shamefully booted out because Rich was holding Tom's feet too close to the
fire or some other goofy reason.  Rich has had a rather significant role
in amplifier design and it seems to be in very poor taste to admonish his
experience and knowledge in a whizzing contest of how to safeguard against
parasitics.  In my line of work an opinion is worthless without the
ability to prove it with data and the ability to defend the data to its
origin - Rich's ideas have convinced me with confidence based on his
experience and his research/data to back up his assertions.  Others may
disagree but it is their folly.

Whatever the reason, I miss reading Rich's comments here and without them
I find no reason to stay subscribed.  Everyone's contributions are useful
but without an occasional "chortle" it's just another dull list with
Postively Godlike moderators wielding their authority.  Perhaps it's time
to send a few "OOO" cards to the "OO"s.

Good luck to all.

vy 73 Jason N1SU

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, R L Measures wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 02:40:01 -0700
> From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
> To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
> Subject: [Amps] History of AMPS
>
>  >>>  Does anyone know when AMPS started?
>
> Tnx
>

> R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
> r@somis.org

73 Jason N1SU