Re: [Amps] Ferrite Rod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ferrite Rod
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 06:45:43 -0600
Jim,
   I believe you'll be safe running paralleled 30 amp chokes in front of the
800 CFM. If you don't have the chokes already wound you might wind single
windings on each ferrite rod leaving just a very small space between each
winding for air flow across the rod itself. You could probably get away with
#8 wire allowing more turns per rod. Should have plenty of inductance to do
the trick.
   Has anybody else on AMPS used air cooling on filament chokes using
smaller than normal wire sizes??? What about chokes in oil ( probably
impractical ) with heat dissipating fins on the canister? Just curious...
Regards,
Larry N5BIP