Re: [Amps] schematic 160 meter amp using 3cx3000a7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] schematic 160 meter amp using 3cx3000a7
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:11:48 -0600
> get the 'guys of new' where they are today (technically). Please forgive
> 'those of new' of their attitudes toward 'those of old' that are of much
> significance.
> Regards,
> Larry N5BIP

> HA, because in the "Old Days" there wasn't keyboards in radio shacks, the
> words "Three By Three" or "MOJO" came out of your mouth and not a
> keyboard.

Just another 2 cents worth from another old Geezer....
"3X6" "3X3" "4X1" etc. are really a generic term. The first digit is for the
number of elements in the tube, and the 2nd digit is for the plate
dissipation in thousands of watts. A 4CX1000A and a 4-1000A are BOTH
referred to as a "4X1". One is glass, and one is metal, but the MOJO is the
same. It is easier to send on CW, and shorter to type. It is easier to send
"3X15" than "3CX15000B7."

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC