[Amps] SB-220 Improvements

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 Improvements
From: "Trevor Pitman" <jantree@satlink.com.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:03:07 +1100
Hello Group,

I am currently modifying an SB-220 for use on 6 meters by changing the 10 meter
section as per the QST article (SB-220 0N 6 METERS) and leaving the rest of the
amp band positions unchanged on HF.

Having read the previous posts on directly grounding the grids, I look for
assistance with the following questions.

1 What is the best solution, directly ground the grids or leave them as
original.

2 Should the grids be left original, what about applying the parasitic mods to
the grids as per the other        QST article (IMPROVING THE HEATHKIT SB-220
AMPLIFIER) and what effect if any does this change have on 6 meter operation.

3 If the grids are directly grounded, should the input be changed to a L/C
network or left original.

4 If the input is changed to a L/C network what is the coil/cap value for 6
meters.

5 Can anyone advise on the recent January QST article on these changes.

Thanks in advance for assistance
Trevor
VK3VG