Re: [Amps] SB-220 Improvements

To: rbonner@qro.com, cgalbrai@umich.edu, jantree@satlink.com.au,Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Improvements
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:04:18 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2007 11:33:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rbonner@qro.com writes:

Yeah  well if it is printed in QST it is approved by God himself isn't  it?

You cant believe everything you read.  I agree with Lou, the  220 is best
converted to completely be on 6 meters by itself.

The  loading cap needs to be only about 150 pF and the plate tuner needs to
be  about 25 pF if even in the amp.  It is best with a pair of 3-500's to  use
a couple plate cap only and bend the coil for resonance.

By  itself the 220 will make great 6 meter power.  I think you might  be
really disappointed in a conversion, plus by the time you are done will  have
screwed up a good running box.

A single band 220 on 6 is worth  a lot more than an HF one.

Good luck.

BOB  DD

YOUR ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 73  LOU``