Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE

To: k7rdx <k7rdx@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:53:58 +0000
k7rdx wrote:
> Yeah! Don`t rain on his parade Doc...Jim K7RDX...

My point is people should describe goods accurately. I have come unstuck
before from someone who sold some rectifiers, claiming they were of a
certain spec, but it later turns out they are not. (That unfortunate
incident was because of an inaccurate point on Amps)

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/amps/1998-August/006175.html

I had a similar thing happen on eBay. An oscillator was advertised an an
HP 10811A, which is what I wanted. I won the auction.

The seller then offered me some other model instead if i wanted it. So I
checked the specs of that model and found it was a bit poorer on some
specs. So I said I wanted the 10811A I won the auction for.

He never bothered to tell me that he had actually sold the 10811A
elsewhere, and so never had it to sell in the first place. So the unit
he was offering me way the only model he had. Needless to say he sent
that, so there was a big argument about it.

Personally if I bought a tube that did not fit because someone had
mis-described it, I would want them to pay return shipping costs, as it
is their mistake. So it's not really in anyones interest to describe
things inaccurately.