Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE

To: k7rdx@charter.net, david.kirkby@onetel.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:53:36 EST

In a message dated 1/19/2007 7:19:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k7rdx@charter.net writes:

I think  he meant to describe his tubes as best he understood...I assume he
would  offer a refund if for some reason his tubes didn`t work out  for
someone....Afterall,he has posted her for several yrs now...I bought  a
socket&chimney from him several months ago and the parts were  FB...Jim
K7RDX...

Correct Jim, certainly would not want anyone to be stuck with a tube/s that
will not "fit" for them.  That is from a physical size aspect.   Electrically
the tube can be dropped in to replace an 8877 ala 3CX1500A7 with no  problem.
The filament will tolerate a higher voltage/current, but works  ABSOLUTELY
fine at regular voltage with no decrease in emission. It simply  handles more.
As far as plate voltage is concerned it will handle 5500  volts plus without
turning into a hand grenade.  Many homebrewers  (yo..what's that) are now
seeking these tubes in place of regular 8877  tubes.  Happy New Year Jim.  73
Lou